My love of pizza is well known to those close to me. As with quesadillas and frittatas, there are an unlimited amount of topping possibilities and combinations and I’m pretty non-discriminatory when it comes to just about anything pizza-related. Buffalo chicken pizza? Yes, please! Vegged out? Pass it to me! This pizza is a total Trader Joe hack-meaning that every ingredient is purchased at TJ’s-and makes for an easy and quick weeknight dinner. The rich sauce and cheese qualify this pizza as an occasional indulgence.
- one bag of fresh pizza dough (I prefer the herbed crust, but plain is fine also) - Let sit on counter at least 20 minutes prior to assembling pizza
- 1/2 jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup Quattro Formaggi shredded cheese blend
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 jar artichoke hearts, drained
- 6 basil leaves, julienned
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, herbs de provence or other preferred Italian spice blend
Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
Spread pizza crust onto stone or pizza pan. Spread alfredo sauce over crust, followed by half of the cheese and basil. Even distribute the artichokes on top of the sauce and finish with remaining cheese, red pepper flakes and oregano.
Bake in oven until crust is lightly browned, about 16-18 minutes.